City to Open Tennis & Pickleball Courts by May 23
REDMOND, OREGON – City of Redmond Parks Division will open all tennis and pickleball courts by Saturday, May 23. Voluntary compliance with following temporary rules for play is crucial to keep facilities open as we continue through the pandemic:
• Play singles only, unless household members. Doubles is not conducive for six-foot social distancing and leads to incidental contact.
• Doubles play should only be with household members.
• Maintain proper social distancing from other players in between games and during time outs.
• Wash your hands with soap and water and bring personal use hand sanitizer to the courts.
• Clean and wipe down your paddles, rackets and water bottles. Do not share paddles, rackets or any other equipment.
• Bring tissues or a handkerchief for contained sneezing and coughing or consider wearing a mask.
• Consider wearing gloves to the courts and avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc.
• Consider wearing gloves during play to avoid picking up pickleballs or tennis balls with your hands.
• Sanitize pickleballs or tennis balls and racket handle prior to coming to the facility.
• Coordinate with your play group so that each person serves with a different color ball. If multiple colors are not an option, prominently mark personal pickleballs for individual use.
• Avoid contact with others, such as hand shaking and high fives.
• Limit or stagger playing groups.
• Use your paddle and foot to pass out-of-play balls.
Do not play if:
• You have coronavirus symptoms: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
• Are a vulnerable individual with underlying health conditions.
Use your own judgement to determine your ability to participate – play is at your own risk.
Restroom facilities remain closed and drinking fountains are not in service, park users are encouraged to bring their own water bottles and hygiene supplies such as hand sanitizer.