The Redmond Committee for Art in Public Places (RCAPP) invites youth artists who reside within the Redmond School District boundary to submit concepts for a mural(s) in the Skate Park. ‘Movement’ is the theme for the contest. Student submissions will be accepted until May 29, contest extended to June 30, 2020. The winning concept(s) will work with artists in residence, Tracy Thille and Kris Cranston, to bring their design to life when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
STUDENT MURAL CONTEST - DEADLINE MAY 29
- Artist must be a student, 18 years of age or under.
- Artist must reside within the Redmond School District.
- Designs must be horizontal in orientation at least 8.5 by 11 in size
- Artist may submit up to (3) designs for consideration.
- All entry forms must be submitted by Friday, May 29, 2020. Contest extended to Tuesday, June 30, 2020
- The art must reflect a theme that is suitable for public display at the Redmond Skate Park site.The art must be suitable for park visitors of all ages.
- Use of profanity, nudity, drugs or alcohol, political statements, violence, or graffiti style elements in your art is prohibited.
- Art should be colorful.Markers, crayons, colored pencils, stencils or other paint formats are acceptable.No logos or advertisements. The artwork must be original in concept and not violate U.S. copyright laws.
- Submit art online to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line ‘STUDENT MURAL CONTEST’
or mailed entries to: Redmond City Hall
Attn: Jackie Abslag – Student Mural Contest
411 SW 7th Street, Redmond, OR 97756.
- Please include artist name, age, school and contact information with artwork.